A last minute session with an ‘older’ gal.
Happy November! This post is way late getting up because I was having some issues with this blog of mine (#techissues), but I think we’re back on track so expect lots of sharing over the next little while!
Back in August I met Beatrice, a 1-month old little darling. Normally I don’t photograph older babies (I like to get them between 7-14 days old when they are still sleepy and bendy), but it couldn’t happen with Bea so we made it work.
Things I do with older newborns:
- Set expectations with the parents! Huge in making sure everyone is happy with the session.
- Wrap. Wrap. Wrap. This is key since they usually aren’t as asleep
- Allow them to be away and focus on their newly focused (sometimes) eyes. Most parent love awake shots anyway!
- Not worry as much about fingers and toes since they are moving much more.
- Be ok with not getting everything that we would get with a younger babe.
Beatrice actually did really well though, was awake for a bit then finally took a very light snooze which was all I needed. Loved her colorful, bright and happy session 🙂
Miss Beatrice, welcome to the world.